Monday 7 November 2016

THINGS NOT GOING TO PLAN...


Firstly, apologies to all those who regularly read my blog, you will have noticed my absence over the last few weeks. 

Sometimes things just happen and those well-conceived plans just fall apart. For most of us, this is only temporary. It’s a bit like spinning plates, inevitably some of them will fall and smash to pieces. It doesn’t matter how good our master plan is, life has a habit of throwing in unexpected stuff to throw us off plan and challenge us. When these things happen it’s time to stop, evaluate the situation and prioritise the essential stuff and not worry about the rest.

The last few weeks have been a bit like that for me, nothing major but lots of unexpected little things that have taken up more time than I would have expected. A few years ago, this would have probably overwhelmed me, created unnecessary anxiety and bought me to a standstill.  Luckily for me, I learnt over the years that if you keep positive and open minded things have a habit of working out, often for the better!

My advice for anyone feeling overwhelmed by their workload or, even life in general, is to prioritise, apply lots of common sense, stop aiming for perfection and slowly chip away at your ‘to do’ list. Before you know it you'll suddenly realise you’re in a better place than you could ever have imagined.

During challenging times, there are a couple of quotes that I use to inspire me. The first is by the American industrialist Henry Ford.

Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you
 take your eyes off the goal.

And the second, by the Chinese philosopher Confucius.

The man who moves a mountain begins by carrying away small stones.

As a very wise man once said to me, tomorrow’s another day.

Onward and upward…

All the best

Peter
#retail   -consultant  -designer  -visualcommunicator  -educator
tel      07907 691711

No comments:

Post a Comment